Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 7, 2012

I'm BACK!!

(Lexi had to "drive" and sit in the front of the box)

Ok, so where did I leave off? Oh yes!! John just had his tubes put here we go!!

We have had such a whirlwind over the last 6-8 weeks, I can't believe it's all done. And the ALL part I will get to in a minute...piece by piece.

So, how did John do after his tubes? Well, he was good for about 4 weeks after his surgery and then things started to go downhill once again. He started to get stuffed up again and his eyes started to bother him so after a visit to his Pediatrician and lucky for us his follow up with his ENT surgeon was a day after all his symptoms started, we find out that Little Man has a partial blockage in one of his ears and yet another double ear infection!  However, he passed the hearing test with flying colors and even got the award for "most improved" from his audiologist! All this with a partial blockage! He still never skipped a beat with his eating, his activity level, his sleeping patterns and never ran a fever which was odd but his eyes started to get "goopy" and we automatically knew it was another double ear infection. So, we were loaded up on ear drops, eye drops and some antibiotics this time and after 10 days, we had to go back to the ENT DR in which he was prepared to drain his partial blockage but it seemed that the medicine did the trick. Thank goodness!!! So, keeping my fingers crossed as I type this, John has been "infection" free for almost 2 months now!! Let's keep it that way. But his teachers at school say he's much more vocal in which we have also noticed and he can eat faster I guess because his ears are not plugged and he can probably taste now!

We got out of the house one weekend when we had a few showings scheduled and went to the outlet mall that also has toys and a playground. He loved tooling around in the stroller and people watching. Who doesn't like being pushed around and watching right?

He had a really good Easter and was in a great mood and cooperated for us at the brunch which was nice. He cooperated with his naptimes and all that good stuff since we have finally seemed to realize the best times for him to nap...he took awhile since he liked to play the random game for a few months.

John is not walking yet but he's doing everything he can walk. Here he is pushing the highchair at Easter brunch around the table to help him walk. And at home, he finds any toy that will allow him to be on the move. He uses every piece of furniture to get to where he needs to go and if he has to crawl, he's there in a heartbeat, especially when playing chase with his sister! Now, that is hilarious!!

He's slowly but surely weaning off the bottles, has mastered a sippy cup and loves "real" food!! His eating schedule is very close to mealtimes...breakfast and lunch are good, dinner we are still working on since our evenings are so chaotic but he's a trooper about the whole thing. He's such an awesome sleeper too! He's ready to pass out around 7:30 and will be ready to play around 7, up around 6:30 jabbering but content for about 30 minutes and then he starts hollering for one of us to come and get him

Can't wait to start him on real milk. :-)

Playing in the fort that daddy made!!

Who can resist this cutie in a box?!! :-)

I was packing up some of the closets and left my wrapping paper out too long..look who got to it before I could!!

This definitely entertained them both since they loved the noise the paper made when playing on it. So, they played "chase" on the wrapping paper for about 30 minutes! I couldn't help but take some pictures!!

Alexis is doing wonderful and even with the move since her comprehension level is so high, we kept her "in the loop" about everything that was going on and it was hard NOT to keep her in the loop since she loves to ask a TON of questions. But we did our very best in trying to explain to her every little thing that was going on since it was happening so fast and so she could expect as much as we could prepare her for. I think the only part of the explanation she remembered is that we will be staying with Papa and Gigi in betweeen houses! But she is starting to give up her naps at school and at home on the weekends, very independent when it comes to the potty, loves playing outside, asking questions and is definitely curious as a 3 1/2 year old can be and she LOVES to repeat mommy and not daddy(in which he thinks is hilarious). So, I just make a little game out of it but when I start to repeat her, she doesn't like it too much...hmmmmmmm....

We have noticed(and school at naptime) that she doesn't like to listen very well and we find ourselves repeating ourselves quite often since she will ask the same question over and over. But sometimes the "not listening" can get her into trouble and she's noticing that she can't get away with much anymore just because we know she understands what's going on. She's trying so hard to be her own decision maker!! The word "no"(and being bossy) is very much in her vocabulary and will get her into trouble sometimes as well as her habit to whine....oh the whining....but like all things, this is a growing pain and we have the good days and bad days, especially when she's exhausted and wants to do everything in ONE day like play outside, go to the park, swimming, wagon ride, etc.....but she is definitely the entertainer of the house...with all her singing and rhyming with reading her books and all her story telling!!
She very much enjoyed Easter with getting to wear a new dress, she knows the drill now with church and using her inside voice. After church we headed to a brunch with the family and we are still continuing to try and get her to try new foods but unfortunately, we've had very little luck lately. She's a VERY picky eater and if she is unsure about the texture, she will not touch it!! So, we are pretty much still stuck on the same menu for now.

Posing with my princess

Hamming it up at the table

What's Easter without a little chocolate cupcake?! Now, that doesn't take any effort to get her to eat. She was asking us!! Thank goodness we did remember a bibb.

We chased down the Easter bunny too while we were at the brunch place. We almost forgot to get a picture with the Easter bunny since this place had a pond full of hungry fish that she was allowed to feed with food provided. She was all over that!

And we couldn't forget the Easter egg hunt. Papa helping her out since TONS of eggs were hidden and of course needed a little help(and the candy was melting in the eggs :-) )

Um, I think she has outgrown this seat! And many other things we are noticing. She's outgrowing certain toys(that we thought would last longer), cartoons(liking movies more), and growing quickly into tracing books, big wheels, bubbles and sidewalk chalk, etc. She loves to pretend!!!

Well, as you can tell from all the "moving" references, we did sell our house after being on the market for 4 weeks which we were excited about and we got what we wanted for our first home with tons of memories. Locking the door for the last time and driving out the driving for the last time got me a little choked up but everything happened so quickly, it was hard to "dwell". Since we got an offer on a Tuesday and were asked if we could close and move out in 9 days, we thought, why not?!! No need to drag this moving thing out. Little did we know that those 9 days would be SO VERY CRAZY but we did it!! We thought, yes, we did sell our house sooner than we thought but we got what we wanted, I guess we will moving into my parents sooner than we all thought. And so we did. We are very fortunate to have had this option and that they have room for all of us, literally, we all have our own room! It's crazy!

We did meet with our builder during the whole chaotic time period of moving and we were told our house would be completed and ready to move in by early August. I was able to swing by the construction sight of our new home and was very surprised to see the below progress. We are very excited and August cannot get here fast enough!!

I will be back after John's FIRST birthday in which I still cannot believe we celebrate next week. His party had to be set for a later date since Daddy is taking a VERY long 2 week business trip from May 18th - June 1st. So, the party is set for June 2nd! Hopefully John will be into his cake....but you just never know. And I hope to report back next time that we have a walker...but again, you still just never know!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment